Sunday 16 November 2014

Man Talk 16th November 2014




Man Talk 16th November 2014

Well I got to a very disappointing  day eight of 'Movember' before that smudge that was emerging slowly above my top lip got to much for me and I shaved it away. My dreams of recreating the full on macho man moustache that looks so good on Tom Sellick or Burt Reynolds failed due to a combination of vanity ( I thought I looked stupid!) and a tash on a grow slow.  

It looked so pathetic my commitment to the cause had to bite the dust for another year. I think it would take until next Movember before I had anything to show- still as they say it was for 'charadee' so remember Mo or No you've still got to donate 

Chancellor of The Exchequer George Osborne is becoming a bit of a hair style icon his new shorter do is much in demand especially amongst city types it seems

A style book for ginger blokes is being touted to the girls as the Christmas gift to buy for the Mick Hucknall in your life. It features celebrity redheads, can't see a pasty faced Ed Sheeran being anyone's style inspiration.

A survey has found that the rock and roll lifestyle really is bad for you, The party all the time attitude can knock over 25 years off your life. What is it they say live fast die young 

Music polls are big news this week
Can you believe in a survey Bohemian Rhapsody was voted the song that makes us feel better when we are Ill. That's right hearing the opening lines 'Momma just killed a man' cheers us right up. And do we really want to hear 'Dancing Queen' or Robbie Williams murdering some 'Angels' when we've got man-flu. Most of us just  want to lie in a quiet room, and listen to the sound of silence.  

Another poll told us that it takes us 2.5 seconds to recognise the Spice Girls song  'Wannabe'. Its the most recognisable song on the radio. What it failed to mention is that it only takes us a further 0.5 seconds to lean over and switch it off. 

So now Wayne Rooney thinks he's got a bit of a voice. Seen him having a singalong with Ed Sheeran, on You Tube. As one of Harry Enfield's old characters might have said. Oi ROONEY NO!!! Hasn't that mouth of yours got you in enough trouble! Save your voice for moaning at your useless team mates. 

Articles I passed on reading this week included  the secrets of David Gandys underwear collection. May google it if I've got time on my hands because hells frozen over! 



No comments:

Post a Comment