Sunday 18 May 2014

Man Talk 9th March 2014

 

Ever fancied wearing a cape you know the kind of thing the super hero's all wear. Well if you where at London fashion week ( anybody go?) you would have seen that capes are being touted as the hot number for men next Autumn Winter. Now I don't mind saying but the idea of wearing a cape leaves me a little cold. ( litterally!) I mean what is the purpose? Apart from if you want to make yourself stand out as a superhero, or unless your feeling chivelerous and want avoid a lady having to walk through a puddle. I'm afraid this is one fashion idea that just isn;'t going to fly.

 

Other trends from the mens shows included what could best be described as donkey jacket, perfect if your working outside and want to get noticed. Leather pants, these should only be worn if your planning on riding a motorbike, or a John Bon Jovi tribute act. Or my favourite the three piece camouflage suit ideal if you just want to blend into the background.

 

Maybe if your in a fashion frame of mind you may also like to get yourself a indoor hat, Yes some fashion bod has designed a hat especially to wear around the house. Now isn't that just what every man needs.  

 

If you ever thought those models on the front cover of Sports Illustrated magazine all look plastic well now you've been proved right. Barbie is the cover girl for the prestigious swimsuit edition. A more suitable model it would be difficult to find.

 

Perhaps whilst your relaxing in your mancave in your indoor hat you may want light up a man candle. Yes candle designes specifically for men are now available. Relaxing in the burning glow of a candle smelling of petrol or bacon or every mans favourite pencils!

 

Arm pit hair for women is supposed to be a trend, anyone else think the idea of the 'pit-fro' is a bit, well  not naural!

 

Are you like me bored with all the se movie awards. Every week theirs another one and a press pack shouting out the same old pointless questions as the stars shmooze down the red carpet  'so who are you wearing?' How about instead of listing all those designer names someone throew a spanner in the works and replied, Its second hand or I don't know I borrowed it or check the label for me or how my favourite Primark! Well at least it would be something most people could relate to or maybe even go out and buy!

 

Somebody said to me last week aren't you that fella from Sunday Echo, it took me back a bit and so  rather embarrasingly I faked a laugh and said no that's not me, The shame of it. Now I know how Saint Peter felt!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment